Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Difference Between Taking Good Pics/Being a Facebook Model (And The Curse of their Egos)



As I said the other day when I was in a thinking mood:
“Being a model and taking a good Facebook picture are totally two different things. It seems some girls on here don't know the difference and it gets to their heads..”

This is a very true for statement for many reasons. One attention from Facebook can be very rewarding to a person, not just girls.  Some people never feel properly respected until they pick up a camera and go into their bathroom. It starts with an imitation of a duck and evolves from there to doing Facebook photo shoots.  To be honest, I don’t hate these things, in fact I rather don’t mind them, it shows a woman’s beauty off. I am a guy after all! Plus it surprisingly helps their confidence, as girls need to have faith in their selves. The same can be said for guys I guess, but I have never been into taking pictures. Hearing the guys side from a lady would probably better as I can’t answer that side.

                                    (I can sense the Fakeness of that girl, and I am not even a Jedi!)

But depending on the person it can all go wrong. If the person in particular gets fame struck, then they could get big headed and ruins their self. But if you handle it right, it could turn out fine.  Facebook likes build ego’s and could create a monster.

I have even heard one person claim: “I’m a model because I do shoots on Facebook.” Sorry kid but your way off track. A pure model is not made on Facebook, like many other jobs it’s made through hard work.  For one it’s not an easy process to get noticed as you have to put a lot of time and effort into it: attending auditions, finding an agent, etc.  Modeling Agencies barely go around looking for clients on Facebook because that comes off being very desperate. Also, just because a good deal of people find you “hot” does not mean you will the higher up’s will do the same. It takes a special something otherwise as the “IT” factor. 

                             (Something so undefinable, it makes my eyes bleed though it's color)

It exists in not just modeling but all of entertainment, as the IT factor is a combination of factors. It’s one part personality, another charisma, people power, and a good altitude. They mention it from acting to even Pro Wrestling of all things. To be honest I have not seen it very much around here, it’s a once in a while deal.  I do see some potential in a few people though, but taking a good picture is way, I mean WAY different than being a model of any level.

I hate inflated egos period, because it causes complete changes in many ways.  For one a person can get extremely stuck up, and I do mean extreme.  Friends you once had seize to exist if you go for these Facebook famous people, and you feel like it’s your fault that they don’t talk to you. But calm down folks, it isn’t your fault, you’re a victim of an inflated ego. It happens all the time in real life, Facebook just times it by 10.  But to be honest, would you rather be friends with this person? I didn’t think so.

So when you get a bunch of likes, please be mindful of your situation. Show thanks and respect for your likes, and most important stay that you are, because it would sure suck to put you on the universal stuck up list as it does not matter your age. You could be 19 or even worse 89, either way you’re screwed if you fall into the dark side. 

                                           (I shall call you...Darth.....Duckface!)

No comments:

Post a Comment